Highlight of the Week
IMF Meeting Set to Take Place Next Week
- The US Treasury will urge countries to continue their COVID stimulus, and will urge China to participate fully in debt relief efforts.
- There is also renewed hope that an agreement on US COVID stimulus will be reached.
Coronavirus Updates (as of Monday Night)
- COVID-19 has registered 38 million cases and 1,085,373 deaths worldwide. There are over 28.5 million recovered cases.
- The US has accounted for over 8 million cases and has surpassed 220,000 deaths. The US has registered over 5.1 million recovered cases.
- Georgia has almost 333,000 cases and 7,429 deaths.
Citigroup Backs Fintech Startup
- Citigroup has announced a strategic investment in London-based startup Genesis Global Technology.
- Genesis aim to make it cheaper, easier, and faster for financial firms to build new applications.
Early Voting Has Begun
- Early voting for the 2020 Presidential Election has begun in many states. Nearly 11 million Americans have already cast their ballots, with 3 million doing so by mail. This is a dramatic increase from this point in the last election, when only 75,000 people had voted.