Highlight of the Week
Election Still Too Close To Call
- Biden currently leads Trump in electoral votes 227-213.
- Substantial mail-in ballot backlogs in Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, and Nevada will delay final election results, with Nevada pausing their count until Nov. 5.
Coronavirus Updates (as of Monday Night)
- COVID-19 has registered 48.1 million cases and 1,122,324 deaths worldwide. There are over 34.5 million recovered cases.
- The US has accounted for over 9.7 million cases and has surpassed 238,000 deaths. The US has registered over 6.2 million recovered cases.
- Georgia has almost 394,000 cases and 8,479 deaths.
Ant Gets Squashed
- Ant Group, a fintech spinoff of Chinese giant Alibaba, was set for an IPO that would value the company at nearly $200b.
- The delay in the IPO was attributed to “regulatory reasons.”
China to Fast Track Trade Talks
Chinese President Xi Jinping has said that he plans to speed up negotiations of the China-EU investment treaty, as well as the China-Japan-ROK free trade agreement. This announcement comes on the heels of the US elections, and at the opening ceremony of the third China International Import Expo.