Highlight of the Week
Stalemate Continues to Stall Stimulus
- Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell recently rejected a new bipartisan $908B stimulus plan.
- House Speaker Pelosi and McConnell have not held talks on a stimulus package since prior to the election.
Coronavirus Updates (as of Monday Night)
- COVID-19 has registered 64.5 million cases and 1,493,000 deaths worldwide. There are over 44.7 million recovered cases.
- The US has accounted for over 14.1 million cases and has surpassed 277,000 deaths. The US has registered over 8.3 million recovered cases.
- Georgia has almost 476,000 cases and 9,515 deaths.
Stripe in Talks for Funding
- Payment startup Stripe, the most valuable private fintech is in talks to receive a new round of funding that would value the company at as much as $100B.
- Stripe’s software is used by businesses to accept payments, and competes with Square and Paypal.
Unilever to Test New Schedule
Global consumer goods giant Unilever has announced that it plans to roll out a four-day working week for its New Zealand employees. The plan is set to last 12 months, after which the results will be evaluated. New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern has recently encouraged companies to test the four-day work week in response to the pandemic.