Highlight of the Week
Stocks rebounded Monday amid stimulus hopes
- The Dow Jones industrial rebounded from a seven-session losing streak to record its best day in more than a decade.
- Markets responded to optimistic report that central banks will lower rates amid Coronavirus fears.
US Coronavirus death toll rises as virus spreads worldwide
- The virus has claimed more than 3,000 lives worldwide, including 4 in the United States. Elderly people are at a significantly greater risk of death from the virus.
- Washington state has emerge as the center for the spreading virus stateside. There were 18 new cases reported on Monday and some schools closed Monday.
- China’s National Health Commission has reported that 55% of individuals that have contracted the virus have fully recovered while less than 1% have died.
WSJ reports that AmEx staff mislead small business owners to boos card sign-ups
- Some AmEx salespersons strong-armed business owners to increase card sign-ups by misrepresenting card rewards and fees, checking credit reports without consent, and even issuing cards without consent.
- AmEx declared it was a small number of individual actors acting inconsistent with sales policies.
Joe Biden storms ahead after big South Carolina victory ahead of Super Tuesday
Pete Buttigieg WD Monday, likely giving a huge moderate boost to Biden’s campaign.