Highlight of the Week
Senate Announces HEALS Act
- The Senate has announced their second coronavirus stimulus package, the HEALS Act.
- This act includes another $1,200 payment, and $200 weekly unemployment insurance, down from the $600 weekly in the CARES Act.
Coronavirus updates (as of Monday night)
- COVID-19 has registered 16.6 million cases and 657,502 deaths worldwide. There are over 10.2 million recovered cases.
- The US has accounted for over 4.4 million cases and has surpassed 150,000 deaths. The US has registered 2.1 million recovered cases.
- Georgia has almost 170,000 cases and 3,509 deaths.
Fintech Revolut Series D Round Ends with $5.5 Billion Valuation
- Revolut is a startup mobile bank based out of London, which began by offering prepaid cards to help travelers avoid foreign exchange fees.
- Revolut has recently expanded into the US, and has added business banking and cryptocurrency trading to its portfolio of products.
US Agrees to Buy COVID-19 Vaccine
- With Pfizer beginning their final stage trials for their COVID-19 vaccine, the US has reached an agreement with the company to buy 100,000,000 doses once it is approved. The nearly $2 billion agreement also includes an option for the US to secure an additional 500,000,000 doses once they are available.